This page contains a listing of the important changes that were made during the history of FRSCalendar.
Version 3.4.0 (January, 2017)
- Because Windows Vista is now the minimum OS, we added support for using the latest look of the Windows common controls.
- Integrated Documentation Center window.
Version 3.3.0 (July, 2016)
- If the application was left running overnight, the "today" background color wasn't moved to the new day.
- Switched how the Page-Up and Page-Down keys scroll through the calendar (they were backwards).
- Switched how the mouse wheel's up/down scrolls through the calendar (it was backwards).
- Menu command
- The "FRSCalendar Settings" window changed to "Special Dates".
Version 3.2.0 (January, 2015)
- Pop-up text over special date can now show year range differences (e.g. to show the person's age).
- Changed the look of the Month column selection in the FRSCalendar Settings window.
- Very slight modification to the application's icon.
- Keyboard shortcut "t" to do the same thing as pressing the Today button.
- The month and year navigation buttons can now be held down for quickly scrolling through the calendar.
Version 3.1.0 (July, 2014)
- Hanukkah has been removed, because it could not be accurately calculated.
menu command has been removed (see below).
menu command added to the system menu (click on icon in upper-left corner).
Version 3.0.0 (October, 2013)
- Easter-related dates were not listed in the Special Dates window.
- Some Easter-related date description were in English when viewing the Dutch holidays.
- Application icon.
- Upper navigation buttons now use icons instead of text.
- Special dates colored dots are much nicer looking now.
- Special Dates window has been changed to be easier to use.
- You can now show/hide individual special dates (before it was done by group only).
- You can now set dots' color for individual special dates (before it was done by group only).
Version 2.1.2 (August, 2012)
- Moved previous year button to the left, and next month button to the right.
Version 2.1.1 (June, 2012)
- More pleasing color scheme applied.
Version 2.1.0 (August, 2011)
- "Today's" date is highlighted even if it shows in the "previous" or "next" month.
- Special Dates window has been slightly redesigned to, hopefully, make it easier to use.
- Options button has a small down-arrow to indicate that it displays a menu when pressed.
menu command to create a web page showing the calendar.
Version 2.0.1 (March, 2011)
- Special Dates window sometimes didn't show newly entered text.
Version 2.0.0 (January, 2011)
- "Election Day" was repeated for odd year numbers.
- Moved and renamed the next and previous month buttons.
- Colors used in the calendar grid.
- Application icon.
- Deleted menu commands for individual country special dates lists.
- Added the next and previous year buttons.
- Added Special Dates window.
menu command and
- Added a number of special dates.
Version 1.1.1 (May, 2010)
- "Victoria Day" wasn't shown for Canadian dates.
Version 1.1.0 (May, 2010)
- "Administrative Professionals Day" didn't report the correct date.
- Added "Grandparents Day" and national U.S. "Election Day".
- Added support for showing Canadian and Dutch special and holidays.
Version 1.0.1 (December, 2009)
- Fixed: font issues for Windows Vista/7.
Version 1.0.0 (May, 2009)
Version 0.0.0 (May, 2009)